This Sunday marks the feast day of St. Therese of Lisieux, patron saint of women’s ordination. Members and supporters of the Women’s Ordination Conference, the “Little Flowers of the Grassroots,” will honor Therese through prophetic actions around the world. Join us in celebrating St. Therese and all women called to priestly ordination.
Here are some “Little Ways” to take action this Sunday:
- Tweet for Therese. Here are some sample tweets to share on her feast day:
Therese of Lisieux, Doctor of the Church, longed to be a priest. Stop denying women’s sacramental equality #OrdainWomen #StTherese
I honor St. Therese of Lisieux by celebrating her vocation to the priesthood & supporting @OrdainWomen #OrdainWomen
Celebrate Therese of Lisieux & all women called to priestly ordination #OrdainALady #OrdainWomen https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0S2WlvNTU8
“I sense in myself the vocation of PRIEST” – Therese of Lisieux #OrdainWomen
“The sacrifice of not being able to be a priest was something Thérèse always felt deeply.” http://www.womenpriests.org/teaching/therese.asp #OrdainWomen #StTherese
- Drop Funny Money or the “Equal Justice Reserve Note” in the collection, stating that you are withholding your funds from the institutional Church until women are equal.
- Tell Therese’s story. Too often Therese’s vocation to the priesthood is written out of her “Little Flower” narrative. We must amplify the voices and the ministries of women today and throughout the ages. Here are some resources documenting her vocation to the priesthood.
- Pray for Therese and all who work for radical inclusion in our Church.
- Donate to support the Women’s Ordination Conference, the oldest and largest national organization working for women’s equality in the Roman Catholic Church. We are feminist voice for gender justice, calling for our institutions to model equality and empower the gifts and talents of women.
Thank you for joining this unstoppable movement for equality. I will be witnessing in Rome this Sunday, and look forward to sharing your photos, tweets and messages of support.