Job Announcement: Part-time Office Manager
Reports to: Co-Executive Directors
Organizational Description: Women’s Ordination Conference (WOC) is a feminist national non-profit organization that advocates and prays for the ordination and the full equality of women in an inclusive and accountable Roman Catholic Church.
Position Summary: The office manager works with WOC staff to ensure financial stability, maintain membership relations, and keep the office running smoothly and efficiently.
Hours: 10 -15 per week (mornings preferred)
Hourly Wage: $20
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Complete administrative duties: including office organization, email correspondence with members and staff, acknowledgement mailings, and digital and paper filing.
- Support directors with membership and acquisition appeals, including follow up calls to donors.
- Check WOC’s Washington, D.C. PO Box at least once a week and scan relevant documents to co-directors.
- Regularly make bank deposits after recording donations in membership database.
- Keep membership database updated and accurate.
- Work with WOC staff in the mailing of bi-annual newsletter and the organizing of education and advocacy events.
- Support staff with ad-hoc program projects as needed.
- Work directly with financial partners and Board Treasurer to ensure accounting records are accurate. Provide reports from membership database upon request.
- Ensure organizational invoices are paid in a timely manner.
- Committed to supporting women’s equality in religion, including the Roman Catholic Church.
- Equipped with strong administrative, organizational and multitasking skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel, remote office platforms, and Etapestry (or other membership databases).
- Strong communication skills and able to correspond in a timely manner.
- Able to work well alone as well as collaborate with directors remotely.
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude.
- Able to commute to WOC’s office, bank, and post office box in Washington, DC at least once a week.
WOC fully and actively supports equal opportunity employment for all people. We strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBTQ persons and those of diverse gender identities to apply.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter along with your resume and two references to Kate McElwee and Erin Saiz Hanna: [email protected] Please put “Office Manager” in the subject line. This position will remain open until filled.