New listing: January 25, 2018
The Women’s Ordination Conference (WOC) is a non-profit organization that works to ordain women as priests, deacons and bishops into an inclusive and accountable Roman Catholic Church.
Job Title: Program Associate
The Program Associate role is a new position designed to meet the needs of a growing organization. The role is focused on three main areas: operations, outreach, and programs. We seek a self-starting and skilled person able to multi-task and thrive within a small organization.
This is a full-time position with a comprehensive benefits package. This position can be remote or based in Washington, DC. Flexible work hours and occasional travel will be required.
Reports To: Executive Director
- Outreach and communications with members and supporters through implementing campaigns, relationship building, and developing promotional materials (online and print). Experience with coordinating vendors and volunteers helpful.
- Coordinate and develop WOC’s programs in collaboration with the Executive Director. This includes grassroots organizing and relationship building, event planning, written and online resources and implementing annual and new initiatives.
- Assist with the organizing, scheduling and promoting of online content and social media accounts.
- Assist with communications including: newsletters, donor correspondence, fundraising campaigns and other announcements as needed.
- 2+ years of experience with nonprofit development, communications and/or programs, with proven successes. Experience with grassroots organizing or volunteer coordinating a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, professionalism, attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple priorities independently.
- Excellent computer skills and experience with social media, WordPress, CRM databases, and Constant Contact highly preferred. Comfortable with remote office tools such as Skype, Slack, etc.
- Commitment to WOC’s mission and vision to create a renewed and inclusive priesthood for women in the Roman Catholic Church.
- BA or equivalent experience in religion, theology, gender studies, or relevant fields.
Please submit: Your resume and a short cover letter detailing your relevant experience and two references via e-mail to Kate McElwee, Executive Director, [email protected] by February 15, 2018, subject line: Program Associate.
Salary range $34,000 – $36,000 annually, plus benefits.
WOC fully and actively supports equal opportunity for all people and encourages women, people of color and LGBTQAI applicants to apply.